“We can talk about zero-latency organizations, in which external expectations for the reaction time of the company is zero seconds. This creates pressure for instant customer feedback and service no matter what the place or time. We are all glocal – both global and local at the same time – in the market place,” says Aula. One consequence of digitization is that a small company can be listed in the top 10 Google search results alongside bigger ones. Success in digital life is no longer related to company size. Instead, it is all about relevance and reaction.
- Customer has a choice - more than ever
- Go digital, stay real
- The simple beauty of making smart choices
- It’s all about people
- Russia: Quality precast makes a difference in St Petersburg
Dear readers, this is the last time I am writing to you as Editor-in-chief of Concrete Issues. A ten-year era has come to an end, and I feel I have given my all to precast technology. It is time for me to conquer another field, to continue on the path of my own smart evolution.» Read more
- » Developed India is building with practical precast
- » AlRashid-Abetong - A Saudi-Swedish success story with a Finnish twist
- » First in precast in Egypt! Modern Company for Concrete Products
- » Remember my name?
- » Realizing the vision:SMEET Precast - Qatar
- » Wall Building Made Easy with Acotec
- » It’s all about people
- » Standardizing the future
- » Acotec – a weighty advantage for light walls
- » Elematic Floors – and the floor is yours!
- » The only constant is change
Customer has a choice - more than ever
We are all glocal – both global and local at the same time – in the market place.”How does digitization affect companies? What added value does it bring to customer relationships and service? These where the key questions when we met Pekka Aula, Professor at the Lahti School of Innovation, Lappeenranta University of Technology.
Stable demand and optimized production of high quality precast are the twin pillars that keep OOO LIDER Prom ahead in St Petersburg’s competitive precast marketplace. Key elements in this are machinery and equipment of the finest caliber, including a brand new pile production line from Elematic.» Read more
A sunny morning in the suburbs. The sidewalks glisten with the rain that fell overnight, birds are singing, and kids getting ready for school. The neighbors are heading to work: one to an office downtown, another to a factory outside the city, and the third to the nursery school two blocks away. It doesn’t take too long for these sensible people to choose a vehicle for the journey. The first one takes a bus, the second one drives a car, and the third one rides a bike with the wind in his hair. We make several choices each day. Some of them are easy; some need a bit more consideration.» Read more